7/11/2008

Bike'n 'N Swim'n

Today I pumped up my bike tires (they didn't blow out!) and slipped on my biking shoes and took a ride around the neighbor; (oops, Judy just pointed out that I probably meant 'neighborHOOD'). It wasn't bad, so did a 2.3 mile bigger block. Got to 5.1 miles and thought "wonder if I could really do 10 miles". Wow... kept going and guess what...10.5 miles today. I had not been on my bike for a good ride in literally years. I was proud!

Now credit should go where credit is due: Jason. Seeing him do a triathlon a couple of weeks ago, especially all decked out in his biking clothes/assesories, motivated me to get back on my bike and eventually be able to do a ride with him!

So I have set a goal (I have to have goals) to ride 57 miles on my 57th birthday, coming up on October 22; not sure I'll make it, but several years ago for several years I always did my age in bike miles that day. I want to start that again!

Then before lunch Jason Carrie Violet EZ Gavin Sarah Ben Addie came to swim and celebrate Carrie's birthday (which is tomorrow). We had a great time, and here is a picture of the kiddos and Nana & Papa Dan to prove it!


I'll try to keep you posted on my biking 'getting in shape' activities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great picture! We had a fantastic time last Friday!