3/19/2008

Great Trip to London on 3-18/19-08

We left LAX March 18th at 8:05 PM Tuesday night to visit Darren, Pam, Jesse, Lucia, and Peanut. We were at LAX in perfect timing due to our good friends Vince and Sally Reyna...thank you guys!! Good thing we did have time: I had to go through security screen 3 times; 2x my own fault (wore my shoes through, and, had a water bottle 1/2 empty)...3rd time was due to a "time capsule" -a Mac thing-we had purchased for Darren and the security people didn't like the looks of it at all. (It is a wireless converter and hard drive converter all in one). But, eventually made it through, sweating by the time I unpacked and repacked everything in our carry on bag.

Oh, and then before getting on the plane I lost my Passport and Boarding ticket....after frantically searching everthing, turned out it was in JUDY's hand all along (not intentionally hiding it from me.) She got a kick out of it, as did I, except for me the ability to laugh came about an hour later!

Uneventful flight; certainly can say that British Airways does a MUCH better job of taking care of passengers and their comforts than American Airlines. (My round trip to Nairobi was on BA). This trip on American really felt like a cattle-car. But, I think we both got a couple good hours of sleep, a movie each, some reading, and just fun being together...we can read each other's mind so well, especially when it comes to humor between us. I love that.

We arrived 1/2 hour ahead of time, at 1:00PM. But by the time we got through immigrations, baggage, customs, and found the subway ticket place (the right one, that is), met Darren, waited for delayed trains, got to the end of the train ride, walked a few blocks, met Pam, Jesse, Lucy, and Peanut walking toward us, and walked the rest of the way home, it was nearly 4:30PM.

Well, here is the only picture I've taken so far; Darren met us 1/2 way from Heathrow on the subway. Yes, we did the underground 'train' thing all by ourselves (with excellent written directions from Darren.) Yes it is cold, (40 F) but no rain and a little sun here an there.

We are already babysitting as Darren and Pam needed to go to a meeting tonight. Jesse and Lucy are now in bed, and Judy and I are going to see how long we can stay up so as to make the time adjustment as best we can. It is 7:52 PM Wednesday night as I type this. Well, make that 8:32 and Judy is preparing for bed as I finish this, and I have my eyes propped open with toothpicks.

But must add that seeing Jesse and Lucy is a thrill. They have grown so much...and their british accents are wonderful! More later, with pictures of them too!

No comments: