2/29/2008

Time in Kenya Ends

What is this? Answer at bottom of blog!












Well, unbelievable, but today was my last full day in Kenya. It is now 8:30 PM Friday night, Feb 29th. JP and I leave at 6AM for an 8AM flight to Rwanda in the morning.

This morning started with me checking out of my 'home' for the last 3 weeks, and that was a packing job in and of itself after I got home last night. I simply didn't want to do it! But, I went to bed at 1AM with it all done, and slept till 7AM this morning.

We had a wonderful devotion time with the full staff at 8:30 am, and much praise was given that the agreement was reached with the governmnet officials. Its as if everyone took a deep breath, and felt a tremendous load lift from their shoulders. I pray things will continue to go well as the details are worked out starting March 7th in parliment.

After devotions we had the traditional 'tea break', and I even chose tea over coffee. What is happening to me?? We then started an almost 4 hour full staff meeting and JP led the team through various organizational updates and new policies and procedures.

I was able to do some final little shopping here (just couldn't help getting the grandkids something), and got to JP's around 6:30 PM. His nephew Bevinue (french, and not sure i spelled it right) had prepared an absolute feast in my honor. It included fresh fish from Lake Victoria, lamb, special sauce, pasta, spinach, beans/potatoes combo, homemade bread, kinda like tortillas, but thicker. And then a beautiful serving of fresh fruits over his homemade crepe and ice cream. I MUST fast this next week!

I'm in my room, my eyes are very droopy, and i'm going to bed and read a minute. As we have to get up at 5:30, need to get going.

Thanks for following along with me on this journey. I can't begin to express my appreciation to everyone that made this possible, especially my wonderful wife Judy. Thanks, sweetheart, for being so faithful in your emails and updates. I'll see you a week from today! (I get back from Burundi at 4PM the 6th and leave for Lonon/LA at 11:40 PM same day...pray there is no problem on the arriving flight! I arrive at LAX at 1:30 or so on Friday, March 7th.)

Can't not post without more pictures. So, here are the WR offices:

Here's JP and Tina sorting out the day










The beautiful grounds:

















Answer: It is the bloom of the tree shown below. I still don't know what kind of tree...do you? It is just inside the gate entrance to JP's housing track...I've never seen one like...beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,Dan, my prayers are continually with you. Oh, and I need to ask you...did you get to visit any of Africa's diamond mines? I know from my educational background and studying that one of Africa's richest resources are the diamonds, right? Just curious. I'd love to see that myself. Take care and have a safe trip back. Good luck at your next stop, too.
Love, Barb